70% Business Value
is directly attributable to intellectual property
50% Employees Steal
percent of departing employees who admit stealing
40% Admit Using
information stolen from previous employer in new job
How fast is your confidential data walking out the door?
- 50% of employees who left or lost jobs admit taking confidential information with them.
- 40% plan to use confidential information from previous job in new job.
- 60% say co-worker hired from competing company offered documents from that company for their use.
- 70% of the time insiders stealing IP did so within a period of 60 days before termination or leaving.
- On average, it takes 192 days to identify and discover the root cause of insider data theft and fraud – 87 days to first recognize that insider fraud has occurred and an additional 105 days to get at the root cause of the fraud.
- Personal and organizational factors directly contribute to an employee’s propensity to take confidential information and behavioral indicators may allude to their activity.
sources: Ponemon Institute (2012), CERT (2012), FBI (2015)
- You know that intellectual property is expensive and a key contributor to competitive advantage.
- You know confidential information is walking out the door with departing employees.
- You know that every layoff, reduction in force, or termination creates opportunity for data theft.
- You know that the information in their possession may someday be shared with a competitor and cause great harm and expense to your company.
- You know that you have a limited window of time to deal with the situation proactively.
YOU NEED EXPERTISE, TOOLS, AND ANSWERS TO THIS PROBLEM, NOW.
- You should not have to spend a lot to answer the question: Is this person taking confidential information?
- You need timely access to the right information, taking early action to prevent your confidential information from falling into the wrong hands, saving your company from an expensive dispute down the road, and keep your trade secrets a secret.
- Spend less to determine if you have a problem with a departing employee.
- Intervene at the right time with the right expertise to find the answers you need to make decisions.
- Justify the decision to spend time, money and effort on a broader investigation.
- Take early action before company secrets get misused and recovery costs skyrocket.
FORENSIC EXPERTS RECONSTRUCT FACTS LCG’s expert forensic investigators consult with you to gather information about your specific situation. Then, they conduct a proprietary targeted forensic analysis of the computer in question. The process is quick and the data points we identify are classified into three levels of risk – Low, Potential and Elevated. How do we know these data points are associated with the risk of data theft? From decades of experience investigating similar civil and criminal matters. TENiO™ EXECUTIVE RISK SUMMARY The report is broken down into increasing levels of detail, beginning with an Executive Risk Summary of the computer being analyzed. You do not have to understand computer forensics to know if the results of our analysis indicate a problem. What you do need to understand is the relationship between Time, Risk and Cost. TIME x RISK = COST AND EXPOSURE DASHBOARD Time and Risk are the biggest factors affecting the Cost to remedy an insider data theft problem. Risk is comprised of Access (A), Motivation (M), Intent (I) and Forensic Indicators (F) that correlate to data theft. Essentially, as Time and/or Risk increases, the overall cost of the insider data theft increases. TENiO addresses the issue of Time and gives you insight into the Risk, allowing you to better control the Cost. RISK INDICATOR GROUPS We’ve discovered 10 unique data points, called Risk Indicator Groups, that are reliably associated with risk of data theft. There is no reference manual or published guidelines on what forensic artifacts indicate a low, potential or elevated risk of data theft. We assign risk using proprietary formulas, based on our experience – what we have witnessed while investigating hundreds of cases involving insider data theft. We breakdown the results of our forensic analysis into a risk-based assessment that an easy-to-read and understand, whether you are technical person or not. The translation of reliable data theft indicators into business risk is what makes TENiO so valuable and unique. FULL SUPPORTING FORENSIC DATA Supporting data is critical for you to “see” the existing or potential problem. With TENiO’s unique, easy-to-understand reports, you have all the information you need to decide whether to spend the time, money and effort on a broader investigation. SUPPORTING ASSET AND CHAIN OF CUSTODY You get the best evidence management procedures based on our experience in law enforcement and civil litigation. This proprietary system tracks hundreds of data points for each and every asset. You’re assured of a comprehensive and accurate chain of custody system, including electronic signatures and computerized date/time stamps, event-specific records, and supporting documentation – all in a near real time monitoring of field collections and analytics to reduce human error in the collection process. What’s more? As soon as the data is entered, you have a detailed, easy-to-comprehend report for each tracked asset, at no extra charge.
- Preliminary consultation to discuss the specifics of your situation
- Preliminary forensic analysis
- Comprehensive asset and chain of custody management reports upon request
- TENiO™ Risk assessment report
- One post-analysis phone call to discuss the report
- 30-days secure evidence storage
- Unmatched value in the industry for one low, fixed fee
The expert team at LCG Discovery will guide you the rest of the way if you determine a full investigation is warranted (ordinary consulting rates may apply).
TENiO™ SERVICES + Intelligent Protection Framework™
Cost, complexity, and compromise are the hallmarks of intellectual property protection and insider data theft. No more. Compare traditional IP protection methods and tools (shown in red) to TENiO Services working alongside the LCG Intelligent Protection Framework shown in the gray bars and green line. LCG Discovery Experts removes the cost, complexity, and compromise. It’s been proven over and over, client by client. Give TENiO and the Intelligent Protection Framework a try. You’ll be glad you did.
WHY TENiO SERVICES?
BUSINESS VALUE RETENTION. THAT’S WHY.
LESS TIME NEEDED TO FIND/ASSESS BUSINESS RISK
LOWER COST TO ASSESS BUSINESS RISK & EXPOSURE
IS ALL IT TAKES TO FIND, ASSESS & REPORT ON RISKS
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME AND MONEY THAN YOU HAVE TO?
TENiO gets you from hunch to certainty in the least amount of time and for the least amount of money.TENiO™ RISK ASSESSMENT & REPORTING
EXAMPLE TENiO REPORTS AND INFORMATION
EASY, FAST, SIMPLE IDENTIFICATION OF GREATEST RISK AREAS
EXACT REPORTING OF AT RISK & STOLEN INFORMATION
CHAIN OF CUSTODY
DEFENSIBLE EVIDENCE MANAGEMENT. EVERY TIME.